We are currently hiring for a part-time contract position
Drawing Technician and Procurement Assistant
It is our preference to find one person who will be able to do both the Drawing Technician and Procurement Assistant Role. One position, assisting two areas of our business. While we will accept applications from candidates who are only able to fulfill one of the roles, priority will be given to candidates who can fulfill both roles.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not phone or text in response to this advertisement. Please submit your response by email only using the button at the bottom of this post. Thank you.
This will be ideal for people who want the flexibility of remote work, and who have a passion for interior design and architecture. We want someone who has a positive attitude, balanced with a practical skillset who will add even more value to the work we do for our amazing clients.
Kevin Gray Interiors are an established interior design firm with an international reach, with niche experience in the timber frame and cabin marketplace. Working with us will give you exposure to a wide variety of both renovation, new build and décor projects that are local, national, and international.
We are a busy office with an enthusiastic team of four people, based out of our Calgary. And we’ve recently renovated our light and bright studio to function even more effectively. We are a small team who work well together, and we are looking for someone who will fit seamlessly into our tribe!
The role: This is a technical support role to assist our Interior Designers. The role will be heavy on AutoCAD LT drawings. It is not a design role, except to the extent that technical detailing has a reciprocal relationship with design.
Technical Skills required:
- You are a technically strong individual who has sound experience with the current up to date version of AutoCAD drawing program and can demonstrate proficiency and confidence in using it. This requirement is non-negotiable. Candidates who do not meet this criteria will not be considered.
- You have good understanding and practical experience of all the types of drawings required to create a comprehensive set of construction drawings. This includes, but is not limited to: interior and exterior elevations, cabinetry/millwork drawings, creating fireplace sections (plan and vertical sections), demolition plans, construction plans, schedules, interior architectural details (door sections, flooring transition details, tile details), kitchen design and detailing, and bathroom design and detailing.
The Role: This involves doing data entry related to procurement of furnishings and accessories. The candidate will be entering data accurately for pricing of products and ensuring mark ups are accurately calculated. It may involve some contact with our vendors from time to time. The project management software that we use is proprietary to the design industry, and training will be provided.
Duties may also include occasional assistance to keep our sample library updated and organized and receiving deliveries of furnishings and accessories and related labeling, organization and sorting.
Technical Skills required:
- The candidate MUST be highly organized, and accurate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred, but not a strict requirement
- Experience in use of Microsoft Powerpoint is preferred.
The following criteria apply to both of the above job descriptions
This is a part time contract with the possibility of becoming a part time employee position.
Duration: 3-4 months: June – September with the possibility of extension.
Other Skills and Personality Fit
- A self-starter with high degree of personal maturity and life experience to handle working with an already established team.
- Mindset of a solopreneur, a strong sense of personal accountability, and good interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be organized and be able to change direction quickly, while also managing priorities which may shift quickly depending on the needs of the business.
- A genuine interest in both interior design and architectural design.
- Strong command of the English language – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work from our office at least 1 day per week (Friday), with additional days required for training in the first weeks.
- Ability to attend meetings, as needed, in our office on any weekday.
- Ability to do all other work from home.
- Own laptop/computer.
- Current up to date AutoCAD software (not the student version)
- Reliable vehicle
- Based in Calgary area.
Hours and remuneration
- Hours will fluctuate but we estimate between 15-20 per week.
- $19 to $22 per hour
If for some reason the button below does not launch your email program please just send an email directly to kevin@KevinGrayInteriors.com